Composites Plant Cuts Water Use by 4 Million Gallons Annually
Xpress® dramatically reduces site water use in chilled water plant expansion
- Mumbai, India
- Fiber glass manufacturing plant
- Corporate mandate to reduce manufacturing energy intensity
- Growing demand required construction of new 5,000 ton chilled water plant
- Needed energy efficient design service and optimization solution for new plant
- Design and implement Variable Primary hydronic design to allow system flow to be varied according to the cooling load
- Implement Xpress® on Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLCs. System ensures maximum system efficiency in real‐time while maintaining cooling requirements at the lowest total kW/ton
- Installation includes Energy Efficiency Performance Dashboard
Results That Exceed Client Expectations
- Annual energy costs reduced by $117,000 over pre-construction estimates
- 3 year project payback
- 4,300,000 gallons of water saved annually
- Energy Efficiency Performance Dashboard provides an instant look at system performance. Includes real-time kW and kW/ton performance for each piece of major equipment as well as those of the total chilled water system.
Still Have Questions?