Composites Plant Cuts Water Use by 4 Million Gallons Annually
Xpress® dramatically reduces site water use in chilled water plant expansion
- Mumbai, India
- Fiber glass manufacturing plant
Corporate mandate to reduce manufacturing energy intensity
Growing demand required construction of new 5,000 ton chilled water plant
- Needed energy efficient design service and optimization solution for new plant
- Design and implement Variable Primary hydronic design to allow system flow to be varied according to the cooling load
- Implement Xpress® on Allen-Bradley ControlLogix PLCs. System ensures maximum system efficiency in real‐time while maintaining cooling requirements at the lowest total kW/ton
- Installation includes Energy Efficiency Performance Dashboard
Results That Exceed Client Expectations
- Annual energy costs reduced by $117,000 over pre-construction estimates
- 3 year project payback
- 4,300,000 gallons of water saved annually
- Energy Efficiency Performance Dashboard provides an instant look at system performance. Includes real-time kW and kW/ton performance for each piece of major equipment as well as those of the total chilled water system.
Still Have Questions?
We are the chilled water plant optimization experts
tekWorx optimization solutions consistently save faciliites 20-40% in annual energy costs. We'd love to help your facility do the same. Get in touch!
Approachable Expertise ®