tekWorx Optimization Key to JCI Performance Contract Success
tekWorx modifications to the hospital’s hydronic configuration and integration of its adaptive control engine optimization solution allowed JCI to hit its PC targets without disrupting hospital operation.
- St. Petersburg, FL
- 480 bed hospital
- Four (4) York chillers
- 2,400 tons installed cooling capacity
- Traditional Primary- Secondary hydronic system
- Plant piping configuration created low ΔT and high flow problems
- JCI Metasys building automation system with standard sequence, no optimization
- Convert system to full variable flow
- Reconfigure tertiary pumps to alleviate system pressure problems and eliminate wasted energy
- Integrate supervisory Control Engine Optimization (CEO®) solution with Metasys system
Results That Exceed Client Expectations
- $125,000 in annual energy savings
- 2.1-year payback
- >1,500,000 kWh saved annually
- .40 kW/ton efficiency improvement
- All major equipment remained in operation during commissioning
- Remote access enabled better window into the system
- Minimized manual operator intervention
Still Have Questions?
We are the chilled water plant optimization experts
tekWorx optimization solutions consistently save hospitals and healthcare facilities 20-40% in annual energy costs. We'd love to help your facility do the same. Get in touch!