tekWorx Optimization Key to JCI Performance Contract Success
tekWorx modifications to the hospital’s hydronic configuration and integration of its adaptive control engine optimization solution allowed JCI to hit its PC targets without disrupting hospital operation.
- St. Petersburg, FL
- 480 bed hospital
- Four (4) York chillers
- 2,400 tons installed cooling capacity
- Traditional Primary- Secondary hydronic system
- Plant piping configuration created low ΔT and high flow problems
- JCI Metasys building automation system with standard sequence, no optimization
- Convert system to full variable flow
- Reconfigure tertiary pumps to alleviate system pressure problems and eliminate wasted energy
- Integrate supervisory Control Engine Optimization (CEO®) solution with Metasys system
Results That Exceed Client Expectations
- $125,000 in annual energy savings
- 2.1-year payback
- >1,500,000 kWh saved annually
- .40 kW/ton efficiency improvement
- All major equipment remained in operation during commissioning
- Remote access enabled better window into the system
- Minimized manual operator intervention
Still Have Questions?
Send us a message
At tekWorx, we value our relationship with each and every client. Contact us any time for engineering support or project inquiries.