Middle School Cuts Energy Costs by 28% with Xpress
A 933-student middle school near Dallas, TX significantly reduced annual kWh by integrating the Xpress adaptive-control based chilled water optimization solution with their existing building automation system.
- Justin, TX
- 2 x 220 ton chillers
- 2,200 hour cooling season
- 893,000 annual ton hours
- Standard control sequence, no optimization
- Static CHW supply temperature setpoint
- System operating at 1.31 kW/ton
- Convert plant hydronic system to Integrated Primary-Secondary® (IPS)
- Implement Xpress Energy Efficiency Dashboard
- Xpress real-time adaptive algorithms including:
- Energy-based chiller sequencing
- Chiller temp optimization
- Pump speed optimization
Results That Exceed Client Expectations
- $15,000 annual savings
- 3.1-year payback
- 133,000 kWh saved annually
- Budget freed up for other needs
- Real-time energy data for all equipment
Still Have Questions?
We are the chilled water plant optimization experts
tekWorx optimization solutions consistently save hospitals and healthcare facilities 20-40% in annual energy costs. We'd love to help your facility do the same. Get in touch!